Fort Collins Personal Injury Attorney
For more than two decades, Fort Collins Trial Attorney Steve Shanahan has worked tirelessly to defend the rights of those who have suffered due to the careless or negligent actions – or inaction – of others.
Located in the heart of Fort Collins, the Law Offices of Steve Shanahan represents those who have been injured in all types of accidents, including car accidents, bicycle accidents, pedestrian accidents, ski accidents and premise liability accidents.
As a veteran Colorado injury lawyer, Steve Shanahan understands that when someone you love has been hurt, you hurt too. In the wake of a serious injury, not only must you endure the emotional turmoil of watching your loved one in physical pain, but many families often experience overwhelming financial upheaval as well. Most households thrive on the presence of two incomes. When one spouse has suffered an injury that has left him or her temporarily or permanently unable to work, each family member absorbs part of that blow.
Medical bills can begin to snowball, and families soon find themselves buried in debt. An experienced Fort Collins injury attorney can help you fight for the compensation you deserve.
While so many injuries result from what we frequently term “accidents,” that word implies no one is at fault. However, in many instances, this is not the case at all. Liability can fall on the shoulders of other drivers (in the case of car “accidents,”) employers (in the case of “work accidents”) or business owners (in the case of slip-and-fall “accidents”).
When the irresponsible actions of one person or group of people causes great harm to another, the judicial system is often the only recourse victims have to be rightfully compensated.
With so many of these accidents preventable, it is alarming that almost all these types of injuries in Colorado continue to increase. Consider this:
- More than 28,000 crashes happen on our roadways every single year, according to the Colorado State Patrol. The majority of Fort Collins car accidents are preventable.
- The No. 1 cause of car accidents in Fort Collins and elsewhere throughout the state was drunk driving.
- A pedestrian is injured every 8 minutes in the U.S.
- Nearly 1 in 5 crashes in Colorado involves a motorcycle, according to the state’s Department of Transportation. Often, these accidents are the result of careless or inattentive drivers.
- Distracted drivers account for nearly 5,000 car accidents in Colorado each year. That number is rapidly growing as newer technologies become more ingrained in our lifestyles.
- There are more than 200 bicycle accidents in Fort Collins alone every year, according to recent research by The Coloradoan. Nationwide, bicyclist deaths account for 2 percent of all traffic fatalities.
- Of the more than 500 people killed on Colorado roadways each year, nearly 10 percent were struck by a semi or trailer truck.
- Men ages 25 to 54 accounted for 90 percent of those hurt or killed in work place accidents in Fort Collins and throughout the state, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
As a former U.S. Air Force Reserve Lt. Colonel, Steve Shanahan is meticulous and aggressive in the pursuit of justice for each client. If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in Fort Collins, you need the experience and dedication of Fort Collins Injury Attorney Steve Shanahan.
Consultations are free, and Shanahan isn’t paid unless you win. Justice shouldn’t be left to chance.
Fort Collins Accident Attorney – 970-204-9999 – Free Consultation